Visa Applications

Stamped passport

Travel Visas are required to gain entry to most countries around the world. For instance, you will need a visa to USA, Canada, England, China, Australia, Middle East, just to name a few of the popular destinations. There are a few certain countries that simply require an available Visa page in your current Passport to be stamped at the airport upon arrival, but in most cases one will need to acquire a Travel Visa before even departing India.

Many international travelers are often not sure of the documentation required to enter foreign country. We have been in this business for now 2 decades and with our experience, expertise and contacts in this area we can help you. Regardless of whether you need a visa to USA, Canada, England, France, Singapore, Malaysia or a visa for travel to anywhere else in the world, or whether you need a Tourist, Business / Work, Student Visa, we assure you that you'll have the proper and necessary paperwork on time so you can enjoy your trip worry-free. If you are traveling abroad, contact us now.

Legalisation of documents for use abroad

Emblem of India

Official documents produced in India usually are not valid in other countries until they have been authenticated by Government of India and legalized by the consulate of the desired country. The full authentication and legalization process can involve several different government agencies.

Delhi Visa provides authentication services to Indian companies, Indian citizens and foreign nationals on all documents that will be used overseas. Types of documents include:

  • Company by-laws
  • Articles of incorporation
  • Power of attorney
  • Patent applications and trademarks
  • Adoption papers
  • Diplomas and Transcripts
  • Non-marital status
  • References and job certifications
  • Home studies
  • Deeds of assignments
  • Distributorship agreements

The complexity of the legalization process depends on the country in which each document must be used. About 50 countries have signed the Hague Convention on Documents, which allows for an abbreviated legalization process called an Apostille. We can assist with the Apostille process.

If the document you have needs to be used in a country other than those listed above the following information must be obtained before we can begin the authentication process.

  • Signed before a Notary Public.
  • Certified by the Notary Public.
  • All Seals and Signatures must be original.
  • All documents in non-English text must be accompanied by a notarized English translation.

We will have the document authenticated by the Ministry of External Affairs and by the Embassy of the Country where the document will be utilised.

The normal processing time for authentication is two weeks, however, rush processing is available. Please contact us.

ECNR clearance for employment in certain countries

Indian Passport

As per the Emigration Act, 1983, Emigration Check Required (ECR) categories of Indian passport holders, are required to obtain "Emigration Clearance" from the office of Protector of Emigrants (POE), Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs, for going to following 18 countries:

United Arab Emirates (UAE), The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA), Qatar, Oman, Kuwait, Bahrain, Malaysia, Libya, Jordan, Yemen, Sudan, Brunei, Afghanistan, Indonesia, Syria, Lebanon, Thailand and Iraq (emigration banned).

However, the Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs (Emigration Policy Division) have allowed ECR passport holders traveling abroad for purposes others than employment to leave the country on production of valid passport, valid visa and return ticket at the immigration counters at international airports in India from 1st October 2007.

Nowadays, Regional Passport Offices are issuing Indian passports either with endorsement of “Emigration Check Required” or no endorsement of “Emigration Check Required” in the passport. POE clearance is required only when there is “Emigration Check Required” endorsement in the passport.

If you require ECNR clearance, we will be glad to help you. Please contact us.

Registration of foreign nationals for long stay

Register with FRRO for long stay

Registration of foreigners with the Foreigners Regional Registration Office (FRRO) in case of long stay of 180 or more days.

All foreigners including foreigners of Indian origin visiting India on long term (more than 180 days) on Student visa (S) (including those coming for study of Yoga, Vedic Culture, Indian system of dance and Music), Research Visa (R), Employment Visa (E) and Missionary Visa (M) are required to get themselves registered with the Registration Officer within 14 days of his/her first arrival, irrespective of the duration of their stay.

Foreigners coming to India on Medical Visa (M) or Medical Attendant (MX) Visa are also required to register themselves with the concerned Registration Officer within 14 days of arrival irrespective of the duration of stay.

Foreigners visiting India on other categories of long term visa including Business Entry (X) visa would not require registration with the concerned FRROs/FROs if, repeat if duration of his/her stay does not exceed 180 days on a single visit. In case a foreigner intends to stay for more than 180 days on a single visit he should get himself registered well before the expiry of 180 days.

Pakistan Nationals are required to register within 24 hours and Afghanistan Nationals are required to register within 7 days of their arrival in India.

If you are a foreign national and need to stay for 180 days or more, please contact us.

Travel Insurance

Travel Insurance

Many of us skip travel insurance on the assumption that that we are in good health or that the trip is only for a few days. But one private travel insurance company settled 5,000 claims last year. If anything, this indicates that, at times, things go wrong. In an alien land that can mean great difficulty.

For a modest premium, paid for in Rupees in India, you can purchase travel insurance covering

  • Accident & Sickness Medical Expenses
  • Emergency Evacuation
  • Baggage loss
  • Loss of Passport
  • Personal Liability

There are a range of optional coverage plans that you can choose. Please note that when you take an insurance policy, only the person taking the policy is covered. So, if you are traveling with family, you will have to get insurance for each family member.

We believe that each traveler abroad must be adequately covered and will be happy to help you in this regard. Contact us.